December 25, 2010

Developing new habits: 10 sketches per day

Some time ago I've started reading this book called The power of Focus , which is basically speaking about our habits and their influence on our life. While reading the book I've decided it's time to make a place for a new productive habit in my life.

I've decided that from now on I will make at least 10 sketches every day. No matter what kind of sketches - good ones, bad ones; detailed or rough. The goal was to draw per se, to make the maximum amount of sketching possible, a kind of sketching brainstorming.
To keep track on my actions I started adding a DATE at the top of the page and fill it with scetches.

To tell you the truth I was really looking forward to see what the result would be.

And you know what? It was pretty good!!! I can honestly say that I'm pretty proud of myself right now! I won't lie to you and say that I do it every single day as I should but even so my notebook starts to get filled with sketches. Some of them are really good, and some of them even became illustrations already! Like this one.

I just hope this habit will stick and stay with me for a very long time.

What do you think? How do you make yourself just sit and do what is supposed to be done?

Have a great year.

No comments:

Post a Comment