February 23, 2010

5..., 10..., 15... minutes drawing

A very known exerscise for training one's drawing skills is a 5, 10, 15 minutes per sketch exersise.

What you do is you choose a topic/object/scene and do a quick 5 minute sketch of it. Then you do the same - but for 10 and 15 minutes.
The idea is to learn how to create quick drawing. It is very useful when you whant to capture an object or a scene but don't have the time to create a fuul detailed drawing.

For the sake of this post I took a fresh tomato and this is the result.

It seemst that my 10 minutes is better than my 15 minutes sketch... Oh, well...

The one thing i've discovered is that 5-15 minutes are actually a lot of time for something like tomato...
So I guess i'll be posting this 5-15 minutes sketches... to see my progress...

No comments:

Post a Comment