August 12, 2012

How to draw a Narcissus/Daffodil - Method 2

Hi hi!

This is Part 2 of How to draw a Narcissus/Daffodil flower.

The method was taken from Drawing How to draw web site. When I saw it at first I was really impressed with the drawing its author made and I thought to myself "hmmmmm... that must be difficult..." And boy was I surprised!! The tutorial is simple, organic and very easy to follow...
You draw a line, two circles with a U shape and finish with petals. Some shading comes in the end.








This is my "by the tut" sketch. And I honestly think it came out really nicely. Very accurate.












And these are the other sketches.






Some of them I love more than others, for example the one on the bottom right corner.
And I hate the one opposite to it, the one on the upper left corner. I could, of course, leave it out of this post, but hey, it's a learning process. I should include my flops too, don't you think?










Anyway, here they are and I hope you found this tutorial useful.

Have a great day,
Dalia

No comments:

Post a Comment