March 16, 2012

How to draw an Iris flower: Method 3

Hi all!!!

This is a third part of How to draw an Iris flower series.
I found this video tutorial on Drawing.now, site which provides all kinds of drawing tutorials for all kind of styles. And although I've said previously that I didn't really like video tuts, I loved this one and used it with great pleasure.
It's simple, it uses geometrical structure and it's the first out of these three to show the flower from its top.

This is the "by the book" sketch and it took me about 10 minutes to complete.















And these are from online references.

I must admit that I don't really like result. These are by far the worse sketches I've ever done. But the funny thing is that I love this method. For some reason I find it really really good. No idea why but it is. So I guess the tryout wasn't a complete waste of time.







Also I guess that in the very near future I will begin working on some shadowing. I think it's time...

Anyway, what do you think? Did you like this method?

I wish you a great day,
D.

No comments:

Post a Comment