June 12, 2012

How to draw a Calla Lily: Method 2

Hi all.

The method I will be using here is exactly the same as the one used on a first method, but for some reason it feels a bit different. I don't know why but I really feel this urge to dedicate a separate post to this one. It is taken from How to draw cartoons and it's really simple.
It has a pointed part that goes up high, and a curve wrapping the triangle base.

This is the By the Tut sketch.



It felt easy. It felt very right to follow this tutorial. It might be because I've already practiced the same thing last week, so it felt really right.












Doing these are my other sketches I had this great feeling of satisfaction. I had a great time sketching these.



While shading I tried to follow the flower's natural curves that were perfectly visible on those photos I used.

Some of the shaded flowers are better than the others, but here I really felt that shading and not the shape become my main subject here.

I guess it's a progress.







I hope you enjoyed this tutorial as much as I did.

Have a great day,
D.

No comments:

Post a Comment