April 10, 2013

How and where to hold a Viewfinder frame.

Hi hi.

If you've read the B09 Drawspace lesson, you'd remember that he author specifically asked to hold the Viewfinder frame still so your chosen perspective doesn't change. I find it really important because when drawing a complicated scene, every inch your drawing space should be filed properly.



So when I was doing the B09 lesson I held my frame in my left arm while drawing with my right one. I found it totally irritating, since, well, it was pretty uncomfortable. And for several days I had this thought in the back of my head for finding the solution. And then It hit me. To put a frame in between my many pencils in my pencil holder. Yes, it's not perfect, and, yeas, it's a bit askew, but it will work for the small objects standing in front of me. I guess it will do for now.

BTW, those of you who love quality movies, probably remember a movie called "The Draftsman contract" by Peter Greenaway and the image of a Draftsman sitting on a green loan with an easel, paints, brushes and a huge viewfinder frame.


Have a great day,
Dalia

No comments:

Post a Comment