February 09, 2014

Drawspace lesson M08: How to draw a Shih Tzu dog

I love dogs. Especially big ones. So drawing a dog at this pong will be really fun. I have no idea how I'm going to pull out the fur, but it's worth trying. I won't be drawing inside squares as suggested in Lesson M08, but I will be working with some helping lines, as always.

This is the given dog.

The outcome is far from being perfect. I mean, you can tell its an animal, but not the one it's ment to be. I only now might start to realize how to create a close to realistic fur, but I'm not there yet. That's why I decided to draw another Shih Tzu (ref image).

The first thing I noticed was that that specific Shih Tzu has a mustage :)
But it took me forever to draw what I've drown. And I don't think I want to do more at this point.
Maybe long fur is just not my thing, why knows?

I like the nose and the eyes, though...

No comments:

Post a Comment