February 25, 2014

Drawspace lesson N07: Drawing a hairy boy

It seems that lessons start to repeat themselves. I know, I know, it's an additional practice, but come on!!! The only thing that comforts me is that each time there's a different method presented. And, hopefully, it takes me less time to draw. The drawing of this boy appeared first in Lesson H12, although the task was slightly different. So I guess, it will be partly the same and I should stop wining.

It was pretty easy this time. The shading map was simple and clear. All I had to do is to create a smooth transition from soft pencil to a hard one. And to keep my soft pencils sharpened all the time.

It seems though that the tissue I put under my hand does not "work well" in sketches like this. The sketch is smudgy as if I blended it on purpose. I guess I'll have to learn a new way for holding my hand while shading.

The nice thing is that this lesson made me want to draw more hair, in particularly braided hairdo's so I might do something about it in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment