June 04, 2014

Imaginary drawing: How to draw without pan and paper (and without a digital tablet)

Something amazing happened several days ago. And when it happened - I felt happy. I realized that I'm on a right way.
(source)

See, what happened is that I was walking down the street and suddenly looked up a tree. It was the tree I walked by every single day. I saw it everyday. But that day I looked at it a saw a shape. And then another one. And another one. Before I new it I was looking for the place where all it's branches came from. And only then I realized that I was drawing that tree in my mind.

It was the first time in years it happened to me. And it made me very happy.

I didn't have time to give it a second glance, but I felt so good with myself I could stop smiling the rest of the walk. I was drawing without a pen ad paper. I was drawing with my eyes.

How cool is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment