November 11, 2014

Anyone can draw, lesson 2 - working with your left brain

Left brain? Yes! Read Betty Edwards! She explains the concept perfectly!!!

The general idea of LB drawing to create lines and nor recognizable objects. Like, if you see a face, one should not draw a nose but a line that builds this nose. Or if you draw a triangle, then draw some lines that construct this triangle and not the triangle itself. Sounds complicated? Like I said, read Betty Edwards. :)

In this lesson I was supposed to draw an outline of the human face using only my left brain. Meaning, that I had to start thinking in terms of a line - curvy, straight, thick, thing - and not in terms of facial features - eyes, nose, lips.




It wasn't difficult, actually, since those profiles were presented upside down, so I guess I succeeded in this task.

No comments:

Post a Comment