February 13, 2012

How to draw a Tulip: Method 3

This is a third part in a How to draw a Tulip series.

In this one the author shows how to draw this gorgeous flower with some simple - and freehand - guidelines.
The really great thing about this tutorial is the explanations about the general structure of - any - flower.

So what you do is you draw a tulip steam first and then add some petals.
That's my "by the book" result.







It took me about 10 minutes to sketch and 15 minutes to complete - cleaning and adding details.












These sketches were done using online references. I've allowed myself to change the method a bit, creating a base for the petals before I actually drew them. It helps the flower look more proportional.






















As usual, I am trying to create as many sketches as possible to practice more... Not all of them are presented here.

I hope you enjoyed this tut and found it useful.

Have a great day,
D.

No comments:

Post a Comment