It is 2013.
21.12.12 was uneventful. The world didn't come to its end. It goes on.
And so shall I.
It is a new year and it's time to conclude the year that ended.
I had many plans for this year and I had many plans for this blog.
I actually was doing great for the first part of the year, but then something wonderful happened - I had my baby boy in the end of April. I did manage to keep the blog running for 2 more months afterwards, but as my son grew up I wanted to spend more and more time with him which left me almost no time for my lovely blog.
I still hope to make it happen and to fulfill all my goals.
So let's see what was I thinking of in January 2012:
- Sketch, sketch, sketch!!! As much as possible!!! And keep it documented. - And I drew almost every day for several hours and loved I every minute of it!! I think that today I would be capable to draw a rose or a tulip, something I couldn't do a year ago.
Regarding the documenting - I did it for a while, but then I dropped it... at that time it didn't matter anymore. I managed to discipline myself.
- Learn how to draw a Chinese calendar characters and Zodiacs, being ready for every year in advance. - I never got to it, leaving it for this year.
- Do a 5, 10, 15 minutes exercise once a week. - Did it for several times and got bored, so I dropped it. Maybe sometime in the future.
- Draw 12 flowers this year, one for each month. - Drew only 6 of them, not always for a complete month. I do hope to still complete it in the future.
- Work on Portraits and human figure. - Oh, come on, how naive can you be!!!
- Being ready a month in advance before holidays. - The idea was to create illustrations at least two weeks in advance. Well, Sometimes I managed to do that, although it was always a struggle.
- Learn about Adobe Illustrator Brushes and symbols - I did use them several times, it was fun.
- Do Drawspace lessons more often. - Ha ha!!!
- Become a regular on Illustrator Friday. - Not even close!!!
- Learn how to shade properly. - Didn't. Still want to.
- Learn to draw water and water drops properly. - Didn't.
- Learn to draw domestic and wild animals. - hate to repeat the same thing again and again. Didn't.
Other things are in order:
- Keep developing my Graphiking gift shop. - Worked on it for periods of times, the assortment is bigger, and amount of visits is larger, now it's time to enlarge the income.
- Keep blogging - at least once a week. - Did it up to October. 80 posts in total.
- Develop readership for this blog. - Didn't.
- Work on some HTML, CSS and just make the blog and the shop look better. - I guess there are some things one cannot do. This is the one for me.
- SEO. Nothing to add. - I've learned a lot by myself and took a short and very effective course in December.
- Do an Airbrush course. - Moves for the next year.
So let's see. There were 18 items planned. 7 of them I managed to do, some of them better and some of them worse.
I don't know whether it's good but there are some things I am really proud of:
- I started to plan my posts in advance, which led me to 79 posts in 10 month. This is more than a post per week in average.
- I drew like crazy during these first 6 months and it was a pure fun!
- I took a SEO course justr recently and I already have 3 sites to be promoted. I will share these sites here in the future.
- I discovered that I loved blogging! I never thought I would like it this much. I just hope I will be able to maintain my blog this year too.
- WeeklyDoodles visits are steady and growing. It's 105 per day in average this year opposite the 46 last year. It is growing.
- And I had a baby :) (should be first in this list, really)
But at least I have a plan.
Wishing you a great holiday season,