July 11, 2013

Drawspace: Lesson D05 - How to draw a curly baby (2)

Hello,

And welcome to Lesson D05 of a Drawspace art program.

This lesson is a nice one since here we get to draw 2 babies, I might say twins, a boy and a girl.

This sketch is the one before the final outlining. As you can see I used lots and lots helping lines (some of them are so light they're invisible), something that is not necessary required in the lesson itself. But it does help me. Keeps the proportions right.
































When I was half way through the boy's shading, I wanted to give it up and draw the girl, but then I thought I was talking so much about learning how to shade properly, that I mustn't give up in the middle but to bring the shading to the end. But, wow, this is boring!!!
































After finishing a sketch of the girl I was half way through the boy shading. I did feel stuck in this stage so I decided to move on to another lesson. After all, shading is important but not that much. Not at this point, at least.































Tip of the day: While Squirkling, remember to turn the pencil in your fingers for sharper lines. Also vary the size of your Squirkles to make a more natural shade.

I hope you enjoyed this lesson as much as I did.

Have a great day,
Dalia

No comments:

Post a Comment