July 03, 2013

Mid Year resolution: Plan - Do - Review

Hi all

It's June and 6 months of the year 2013 is behind us. It means that it is time to review the 2013 year's resolution and see what have been done so far.

This is the first time I ever do such a review, but since this blog is a "procrastination gateway and a self-commitment blog" - see the blog's header - I feel that this is the time and the place to do it.

So what do we have here?
  1. Sketch, sketch, sketch. As much as possible!!! - I do! I do!!!
  2. Learn to draw Chinese calendar characters - hmmmm....
  3. Finish the flower project this year. At this point I have 24 unpublished posts. I must finish them. It just doesn't feel right to leave it as it is - Not much action there at this moment :(But I do think about it all the time).
  4. Work on portraits and human figure sketches - I think I'll leave it for better times. 
  5. Be ready with a holiday illustration(s) at least one month in advance - No luck there at this point. A week is the best I did so far. But at least they're always done.
  6. Do Drawspace lessons weekly - Huge success here, two, sometimes tree lessons a week. And I'm sure I can do more. By now I'm in the middle of section D. I can't say that I'm really happy with the result, I wish I could draw and post more often, but hey, that's what is is at this point. But really should speed up otherwise it will take me several years to complete the free lessons program :). So from now on I'll be posting more often.
  7. Become a regular on Illustration Friday - I wish. I will.
  8. Learn to shade properly - working on it via Drawspace:)
  9. Learn to draw water properly.
  10. Do Animals drawing - did some, via Drawspace program (cartoons mostly).
  11. Follow all Shoo Rayner Youtube tuts (added 27.02.13).
  12. Learn more about Graphic Design (added 29.05.13) - unknowingly I do that for quit some time now. I'm reading and bookmarking lots and lots of articles and books and in a search for some nice online program that will help me to develop my skills. Any ideas?
Other things are in order:
  1. Keep developing my Graphiking gift shop. At the moment it stands on 345 items - No big change here.
  2. Keep blogging - at least once a week - Success here, blogging all the time!!! 
  3. Develop readership for this blog - working on it :)
  4. Do more SEO - working on it :)
I'm glad I did this review. It allowed me to look back and see the many things I forgot about. I know now where am I standing with my plans and what else I'm left to do. It brings the focus back. So for me one of the things that I should do is to finish the Flowers project from last year. I just cannot leave it as is.

I hope this post was useful for you.

Have a great day, 
Dalia

No comments:

Post a Comment