My 2013 Resolution was long and this is the result of my last year's actions.
- Sketch, sketch, sketch. As much as possible!!! - done. Hundreds of sketches were made this year.
- Learn to draw Chinese calendar characters - hmmmm, maybe next year.
- Finish the flower project this year. At this point I have 24 unpublished posts. I must finish them. It just doesn't feel right to leave it as it is - Well, actually it was 24 pre-scheduled unpublished posts. I have way more but at the moment I'm 12 posts less than I had last year. So I'm good, right?
- Work on portraits and human figure sketches. - Drawspace
- Be ready with a holiday illustration(s) at least one month in advance - At this point it's only holiday greeting cards for clients, but I'm usually ready 2 weeks in advance.
- Do Drawspace lessons weekly - posting every other day.
- Become a regular on Illustration Friday - I wish. I will.
- Learn to shade properly - working on it via Drawspace)
- Learn to draw water properly.
- Do Animals drawing - did some, via Drawspace program (cartoons mostly).
- Follow all Shoo Rayner Youtube tuts (added 27.02.13).
- Learn more about Graphic Design (added 29.05.13) - doing on a regular basis
- Keep developing my Graphiking gift shop. At the moment it stands on 345 items.
- Keep blogging - at least once a week. - At
this point the blogging stands on a 1 in 2 days ratio.
- Develop readership for this blog - working on it :)
- Do more SEO - working on it :)
Some time ago I declared that in 2013 I want to illustrated and publish a children's book. This is basically why I intensively started to learn how to draw. I realize now that I lived in a dream world. I see no way how it would happen this year. I am not as skilled as I wish to be for that task. I know I will someday, but just not now. At this point all I should do is practice.
And what about your list? Have you checked it? What are your results?
P.S. After reading this post I've realize that I wasn't really spell checking my posts in the past. Bad thing to do. I know I do now, several times for each post, but I guess I didn't in the past.