January 17, 2014

Drawspace lesson M01: How to draw a fur.

In lesson M01 we are suggested to draw a fur on a puppy's leg. The lesson is mostly about the shade and not the form. After all, drawing fur is just like shading.

This is the sketch I made after reading the lesson. I drew it, as suggested, from dark to light to dark and I hate it. 

I hate it not because of the shading itself, not at all!! While drawing, I've realized that it would look much better if I made a center guiding line, the one place the fur actually starts growing from. And it would be better if I did it from light to dark, as I usually do. This need might come from the luck of the experience. Or maybe not. Maybe it's just my way of working. I don't know. Anyway, after finishing the first sketch I decided to do another one, my way. That's the one and I think it looks way better.
Hopefully someday I'll draw a full dog and not just its leg :)

No comments:

Post a Comment